Nicki calls herself "Rapunzel"

Home Forums Azealia Banks Nicki calls herself "Rapunzel"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    theycallmemaraj
    Participant
    julianvandekamp
    Participant

thoughts? hm. she’s over. I really like some of her old stuff but nowadays she’s just trash. Her career is full of bad pop-collabs songs. That’s all.
    And between us. We all know that she has nothing to do with Azealia. Not the same level. Not the same competition.
    Azealia remains the best rapper. CHEERS

GIDEON SHABAZZ
    Participant

She’s trying to overwrite Azealia’s style. Like appropriation in the sense of she has access and visibility and rips something from an underground/indie artist and is viewed as the hot new wave. She’s well aware of Azealia hence putting her in her video game and diss bars. It’s a common pop star tactic.

julianvandekamp
    Participant

yeah this is an excellent sum up of the situation. I think she’s over. She’s just a silly copy cat. A joke. She irritates me a LOT.

Hey guys, can we stop being petty? I know now we have our platform but there’s no need to waste our energy. Let’s celebrate instead of tearing down!

CandaceTheAmazon
    Participant

Maybe she’s calling her forth as a friendly fellow sparring partner

eduwvny6
    Participant

Yeah, I used to like Nicki and all, but she is honestly just trying to make some point that “Azealia can’t own anything” and I can use this in whatever way I want. but tsk… it doesn’t go that way for me or many. It’s honestly embarrasing. She might as well have put the X on rapunzel, instead of pouting her lips. Fake onika by now

noahxcx
    Participant

Yung Nickel

DJTripleRRR
    Participant

I got no hate towards Nicki. She’s a pop star and that’s what she does well. Really not in the same category as Azealia anyways.

julianvandekamp
    Participant

yeah we need to make a difference between pop stars and artists like Azealia. They don’t belong to the same category. SNAPPPPPP

Norah Martinez
    Participant

That weave doesn’t look good on her

IceyFlux
    Participant

Yeah her calling herself Rapunzel, KNOWING Azealia is Yung Rapunxel is shady.

GIDEON SHABAZZ
    Participant

The thing with Nicki is she skates off being a pop girl and hiding behind politics and co-signs. She’s done some things people should deem problematic but they don’t hold it against her. Like is she really about Female Empowerment when all she tends to work w/

consistently

for females are pop singers?

And we’re grilling Migos for associating w/ Katy Perry for a check, but Nicki’s been collabed w/ her as well. No threads and articles about it at all. But they were hot w/ the cancel Migos write-ups and post.

eduwvny6
    Participant

” ” ^ ^

Rapunzel’s hair is long,

Nicki’s weave is long,

That’s why she called herself Rapunzel.

I know y’all living for this but we should celebrate AB instead of focusing on petty s***!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.